Registration for this course is now closed.
**Please note: until you have submitted payment for the course, your slot is not reserved. Payment is required to hold your slot.**
- After registering through the website, you must send an email to the Training Coordinator at the address: "firstname.lastname@example.org" to receive the course instructions.
Course Date / Time:
- Saturday: 18 MAR 2023 - KGAC Lease, 0830L - 1800L.
- Credit Card (through the "Register" button on this page).
- e-Transfer (send to "email@example.com" - when registering through the website, choose "Invoice Me" rather than "Pay Online").
- A centerfire handgun (no rimfire).
- 3x magazines.
- Good quality holster (no Serpa / Serpa style).
- Sturdy Belt.
- 300 rounds of ammunition.
- More equipment specifics will follow with the joining instructions.
(FYI: this course is a pass/fail course with various performance objectives related to safe draw, draw & fire, firing with movement, and an overall knowledge test – based on your home study package and material covered in the classroom – hence: simple participation does not equal automatic qualification).
The Kananaskis Gun & Archery Club has developed its own recognized holster course for the specific needs of the Lease requirements, and to meet the KGAC Range Safety Rules & Regulations. Anyone wanting to participate in Dynamic shooting at the Club requires a holster certification.
Successful candidates will be able to:
- Holster their gun throughout the Lease;
- Have an understanding in how to safely draw a gun from a holster – engage a target – and to re-holster the gun;
- Have a sound knowledge of the Range Commands used at/on the Lease (The Club uses internationally recognized Range Commands);
- Participate in the Dynamic Handgun & Dynamic Rifle Leagues;
Upon completion of the course, successful candidates will receive a Holster Certificate and Holster endorsement membership badge.
As voted by the membership at the June 2021 meeting, all RSO's as of 2025 onward must be Holster qualified. There are only (2) opportunities left for grandfathered RSO's who are NOT YET holster qualified, to receive the necessary training and qualification to continue being RSO's (and entitled to a Lease Key). These are the 2023 and 2024 Holster Courses.
Minor Holster qualified persons:
Minors are encouraged and are welcomed to participate in the Holster course (they do not require an RPAL to take the course). Minors will be granted full Holster qualification recognition upon completion of the course.
Automatic Holster qualifications are granted to:
Law Enforcement, Canadian Armed Forces (CBT arms trades only), Carry Permit qualified and/or IPSC/IDPA. These personnel will be automatically granted a Holster qualification upon providing proof to the Club of holding such a qualification, or being a member of the above mentioned organizations.